Saturday, March 5, 2016

Welcome to my Field of 68 Projection Page

Welcome to my NCAA Tournament Projection Site.  For close to a decade now I have tried my hand at projecting the NCAA Tournament Field, and correctly identifying the seeding of each team selected.  It all started when my favorite team, Wisconsin, was in contention for a #1 seed in the 2006/2007 season.  I was certain they were worthy, but continued to see prominent 'Bracketologists' like Joe Lunardi insisting they wouldn't get it.  I created my own rudimentary spreadsheets, and started looking at the data to see what they saw, that I didn't.  It evolved into me attempting for the first time to project the NCAA Field and seeding.  It was a miserable flop, but what I found during the process was that it enhanced my interest in games across the NCAA Spectrum, especially in March,  Each game on the calendar each night, it seemed, had an impact on what teams might or might not make it ... and how they would be seeded.  Suddenly, Small Conference Tournaments, like the Ohio Valley Conference, became incredibly interesting, as I watched to see if the Regular Season Champion could earn it's Conference Automatic Bid, and if not, if the Regular Season Champion could still qualify as an At Large Team, essentially stealing a bid from another At Large Team under consideration that was 'On the Bubble'.  Each year I have attempted to refine my process.  I used to choose who I thought the Tournament Selection Committee ought to choose.  Now I try to project based on what I think they will do, weather I would make that choice personally or not.  I have consistently improved in both picking the teams, and correctly identifying their seeding.  This page is my place to share my work with those who might be curious or interested in my projections.  I welcome comments and critiques.  







No comments:

Post a Comment