Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Welcome to my NCAA Tournament Projection Site - 2017 Edition

Welcome to my NCAA Tournament Projection Site.  For close to a decade now I have tried my hand at projecting the NCAA Tournament Field, and correctly identifying the seeding of each team selected.  If you want to know more about how this came to be an annual tradition for me, please read the following: 

http://bracketprophet.blogspot.com/2016/03/bracket-projections-march-4.html


Thanks to having to under-go Open Heart Surgery to replace a faulty Heart Valve earlier this month, I find myself with lots of free time to watch college basketball, and start the process of projecting the field a little sooner than normal, as a I convalesce.  Because the surgery was a proactive procedure, I had some say in when to have it done.  I specifically chose early February knowing that my recovery period would fall during my favorite time of the year in sports.  I will now be home all day during those glorious 10 days of conference championship tournaments, and of course, for the entire course of the 2017 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, which I contend is the greatest sporting event ever devised.  So far, my plan is coming off better than expected.  I feel better than I expected to at this point following surgery, and as a result, I'm getting a jump start on projecting the field.  It's going to be nice for the first time being able to take on this project without having to balance it with work, etc.  I doubt it will make my analysis any better, but is sure is going to make recovery a heck of a lot more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment